Entertaining vegan friends? This guacamole will satisfy all of your guests, vegan or carnivore! Loaded with cucumber, tomatoes, onion and sauteed tofu, this guac adds a fresh, veggie-ful flare! Serve with whole grain crackers or toasted crostinis for a delicious appetizer or snack.
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 c. Extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 c. cucumber, diced
- 1 T. Onion, minced
- 1/2 T. Avocado oil
- 1 t. Fresh dill
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm tofu in avocado oil. Stir constantly until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice.
- Add tofu, cucumber, tomato, onion and dill to avocado mixture and salt to taste.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!