- 2 ea. medium seedless navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 3 T. plain yogurt
- 1 T. tahini
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 T. chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 t. lightly toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Arrange the orange segments alternately with the avocado slices on 4 salad plates.
- In small bowl, whisk tahini with 1 tablespoon yogurt to loosen it. Mix in remaining yogurt, cumin, and salt to taste. If sauce is too thick to drizzle, you may need to add a teaspoon or two of water.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon tahini yogurt sauce over each salad. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds and serve immediately. For a heftier appetizer, top with a few grilled prawns.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!