Take your guacamole by the sea by adding crab and shrimp and flavoring it with cilantro, chipotle chiles, adobe sauce and jalapeño! Dip with a chip, cracker or pita bread as a delicious appetizer! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 4 oz. jumbo lump crab meat, roughly chopped
- 3 oz. shrimp, roughly chopped
- 3 T. orange juice
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T. jalapeño, minced
- 1 T. onion, minced
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. chipotles chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 t. adobo sauce
- 1/4 t. salt (for guacamole)
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, shrimp, orange juice, cilantro, jalapeño, oil, chipotle chiles, and adobo sauce. Season with salt to taste. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- While the seafood marinates, prepare the guacamole. In a large bowl, mash the avocados until chunky-smooth. Then fold in lime juice, onions, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, until well combined.
- Drain the seafood mixture and discard marinade. Fold into prepared guacamole until well combined and serve.