Add a twist to your next batch of chicken poppers by coating them with pistachios and Parmesan cheese! Flavorful and savory, these chicken poppers are sure to be a party favorite when dipped in a pop of sweet avocado-honey mustard sauce!
- 1 ea. Chicken breast, diced into eight pieces
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. Pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. Honey mustard
- 1/4 c. All purpose flour
- 1 ea. Extra large egg
- 1/8 t. Garlic powder
- As needed, Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425ºF degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add flour.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and whisk with garlic powder.
- In a blender, pulse pistachios until ground.
- In a separate medium bowl, add pistachios, parmesan cheese, and stir until well combined.
- Coat each piece of chicken in flour, followed by egg, pistachio mixture, and evenly place on baking sheet. Repeat this step until all the chicken pieces are coated. Bake the chicken for approximately 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a separate small bowl, add avocado and honey mustard. Stir until creamy and well combined.
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken poppers to a large plate, and serve with the avocado honey mustard sauce.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!