- 3 c. chicken broth
- 3 ea. corn on the cob, whole, raw
- 1/2 lb. raw shrimp, shells reserved for broth
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 ea. onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 ea. cooked potato, diced
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First separate corn kernels from the cob and set aside.
- In a pot at medium to high heat, bring boil the chicken broth, 3 corn cobs and the shrimp shells for 10 minutes to make a flavorful broth.
- In a different large pot, warm the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Cook the jalapeño and onion until the onion is translucent, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, potatoes and paprika and stir. Add corn kernels and stir for another 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain the broth and add to the mixture of the corn, potatoes, peppers and onions. With a hand mixer, blend the mixture, turn off the heat and add whole raw shrimp so they cook with the heat of the stock, approximately 2 minutes.
- Once cooked. Remove from heat and stir in diced avocado. Evenly distribute into 4 bowls and serve.