- 1 c. canola or peanut oil
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, peeled, and sliced
- 2 ea. eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- Chipotle Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 ea. chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- 3 T. plain yogurt
- 1 T. adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers
- 1 t. lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Slice the avocado right before beginning dredging process to avoid browning. Slice each half of the avocado into 3 slices.
- Set up a dredging station: place the beaten egg in a small bowl, cornstarch in another, and bread crumbs in another.
- Start by tossing avocado slices with cornstarch, making sure the avocado is lightly coated, shaking off excess. Immediately dip the avocados slices in the egg mixture, sprinkle salt and pepper on the avocado, and then coat each slice with bread crumbs.
- Carefully place each avocado slice in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel to rid of excess oil.
- To make chipotle yogurt sauce: combine chipotle peppers, yogurt, and adobo sauce small bowl and mix well to combine. Serve on the side of avocado slices as a dipping sauce.