- 6 slices Smithfield® bacon
- 4 slices hearty artisan bread
- 2 T. butter
- Mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- Avocados From Mexico (sliced)
- While the bacon is cooking, slice the bread, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Once the bacon is cooked, lay a slice of bread butter side down in the skillet, layer with cheese, bacon, avocado and top with another slice of bread (buttered side up).
- Cook over medium-high heat until golden and glorious and cheese becomes melty. Remove from skillet and enjoy!
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!