- 4 ea. eggs
- 1 ea. 8 oz. package ground turkey sausage
- 2-1/2 c. frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 ea. garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 ea. large onion, diced
- 1/3 c. cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. parsley, minced
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat, add frozen hash brown potatoes and cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the potatoes cook, heat 1 tablespoon oil in another skillet on medium heat, add onions and stir until softened. Add sausage and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to meat and cook until sausage is fully cooked, no longer pink colored.
- To make the salsa, mix avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir well to combine. Taste test for flavor (add more spices if you like at this point). Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, fry each egg 3-4 minutes on low-medium heat, or until desired consistency.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!