- 2 cups peeled and diced beets (about ½ pound)
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced pineapple (about ½ pound)
- 3/4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 Avocado From Mexico pitted, meat scooped out
- Credit: Pati Jinich
- For a smoothie: Place all ingredients in the blender, and puree until completely smooth.
- For juice: Pass the beets and pineapple through a juicer. Place the beet and pineapple juice in blender along with the avocado and orange juice, and puree until smooth.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!