- 1/2 Avocado From Mexico
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, cut into 40 thin slices
- In a hot skillet, add the olive oil and onions. Cook until caramelized.
- For the sauce, add garlic, parsley, avocado, mustard, capers and basil in a food processor. Process until it forms a paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. On a grill, cook the meat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Cut into small pieces.
- To assemble the sandwiches, put a little caramelized onion and the meat on 20 of the slices of bread. Spread the other 20 slices with the green sauce and place on top. Serve.