The mashed Avocados From Mexico give this taco a creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the sweet and savory flavors throughout. This combo is sure to make your “favorite recipes” list!
- 8 ea. White corn tortillas
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 2 ea. Peaches, diced
- 1/4 c. Queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 c. Scallions, chopped
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 lb. Beef brisket, uncooked
- 1 c. Beef broth
- 1/4 ea. Red onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Lime, juiced
- 1-1/2 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 ea. Chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 ea. Bay leaf
- Salt, to taste
- For the barbacoa: In a large crockpot, add beef brisket, beef broth, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, chipotle in adobo and bay leaf. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the beef can easily pull apart and salt to taste.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil and add peaches and scallions. Cook until caramelized (approximately 10 minutes) while stirring constantly.
- In a small skillet on medium heat, add cooking spray and warm tortillas, one at a time, approximately 30 seconds on each side.
- Transfer tortillas to plates and evenly spread avocado, followed by barbacoa, peach mixture, queso fresco and garnish with cilantro to make tacos.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!