This crunchy tostada is layered with flavor! This recipe is sure to be a regular in your weekly menu.
- 1 lb. Pork loin
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 ea. Yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 ea. Habanero pepper, minced
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t. Chili powder
- 1/4 t. Paprika
- 1/8 t. Orange peel, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mango Salsa
- 1 ea. Mango, diced
- 2 T. Red onion, diced
- 2 T. Cilantro
- 1 t. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. Lime juice
- 8 ea. Tostada shells
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 3 T. Queso fresco, crumbled
- For the pulled pork: In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika and orange peel. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add mango, onion, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and lime juice. Stir until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- On a large plate, evenly spread out tostada shells.
- Evenly spread the avocado on top of the tostada shells.
- Evenly distribute the pulled pork, followed by the mango salsa and queso fresco onto the avocado covered shells. Repeat this step until there are no remaining ingredients.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!