Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1 c. wild rice, rinsed
- 1 ea. large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 2 c. cooked turkey meat, diced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, finely chopped
- 6 ea. scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 T. Sherry vinegar
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups salted water to a boil. Add rice, stir, cover, bring to a boil again, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and grains barely starting to open. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain. Set aside.
- In same saucepan, bring more water to a boil over medium-high heat, add diced sweet potato and cook until soft and tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the sherry vinegar with the oils, salt and pepper.
- Incorporate the cranberries and let them sit in the vinaigrette, while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rice, sweet potato, turkey, avocado, red bell pepper, celery and half the scallions and toss well. Taste for salt, add more if need be. Garnish with rest of the scallions and serve.