- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 ea. chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. cream (Mexican or sour cream)
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 ea. chile guajillo, rehydrated and seeded
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. cilantro powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 ea. tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 slices whole wheat or oat bread
- In a food processor, add the water, guajillo chile, lemon juice, cumin, and cilantro powder. In a bowl, place the two chicken breasts with the mixture and marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a hot skillet, add the oil and cook the marinated chicken breasts. When they are ready, cut them diagonally into slices.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the flesh with a spoon and cut into half-moon slices.
- Place the bread in the toaster or oven to heat and brown a little.
- Put some cream and two slices of avocado on a slice of bread and mash a bit.
- Place two slices of Pepper Jack cheese and a few slices of chicken on the avocado.
- Then place a leaf of lettuce, a few slices of tomato and the other slice of bread on top.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!