Watercress is the nutritional superstar of this dish, accompanied by other fruit rockstars -- mango and avocados. The sherry vinaigrette brings this colorful and tasty dish to a new level. Topped with toasted pumpkin seeds it's a lively way to start a meal. Its the perfect salad for all seasons.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. canola or safflower oil
- 2 T. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. honey
- 1 t. shallots, minced
- 1/2 t. garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 4 c. watercress
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled & sliced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1/4 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, canola oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress and onions and toss with dressing. Top with avocado, mango, and pumpkin seeds.