- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. canola or safflower oil
- 2 T. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. honey
- 1 t. shallots, minced
- 1/2 t. garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 4 c. watercress
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled & sliced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1/4 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, canola oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress and onions and toss with dressing. Top with avocado, mango, and pumpkin seeds.
Raw watercress has a rich, peppery taste that pairs perfectly with the nutty, buttery, avocado. This salad also includes honey and mango to give it a nice sweet and salty flavor. Not sure what to pair this salad with? We recommend pairing with fish tacos with mango and avocado salsa.
What is watercress?
Watercress is a species of aquatic flowering plant that is a part of the cabbage family. It is a perennial plant that is known to be one of the oldest leaf vegetables to be consumed by humans!
Where to buy watercress?
Check your local grocery store for watercress. Most grocery stores stock it year-round as it can be harvested all year (just like avocados from Mexico)!
What does watercress taste like?
Most say that raw watercress has a peppery taste. However, the flavor of watercress changes when cooked. Once cooked, watercress tastes less peppery, and some say it can taste a little bitter.