- 2 cups ripe mango peeled and diced (about 2 champagne mangoes)
- 2 cups pineapple peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups jicama peeled and diced (about 1 small to medium jícama)
- 2 cups Avocado From Mexico halved, pitted, meat scooped out and diced
- 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 12 tablespoons queso Cotija queso fresco, or a mild feta, finely crumbled
- kosher salt or sea salt to taste
- Ground piquín chile to taste, or Mexican chile of your choice
- In a bowl, add 1/3 of the mango, pineapple, jícama and avocado. Then add 1/3 of the onion and cheese, followed by 1/3 of the orange juice and lime juice.
- Season with a pinch of salt and ground chile.
- Repeat with second layer and then the third. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and ground chile. Serve in small cups.
Morelia Style Gazpacho Fruit Salad with Avocado
Amount Per Serving
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 110mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 31g 10%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 130%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.