Sick of the same old salad? Try a fresh flare by adding avocado, sweet mango, crunchy almonds and a delicious dressing made from honey, garlic, mustard and shallots. Serve with fruit, whole grain crackers or stuff it in a pita and you will be asking for salad for days! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. corn oil
- 2 T. Sherry vinegar
- 1/2 t. honey
- 1/4 t. dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. garlic, minced
- 1 t. shallot, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 4 c. baby greens
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1 ea. mango, peeled, pitted, & diced
- 1/4 c. red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. silvered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oils, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, shallots, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine greens and onions; toss with dress. Top with avocados, mangoes, and almonds.