Sweet, crunchy and delicious, this chicken Waldorf salad is a fresh addition to a meal or as a meal itself. Wrapped in lettuce leaves, the chicken, avocado, sweetness of the apple and crunchiness of walnuts pair together to create a burst of flavor in your mouth! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 1/4 c. apple cider
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1 t. mustard
- 2 t. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 c. chicken, cooked & diced
- 1 ea. large red apple, cored & diced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 3 ea. stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 c. walnuts, toasted & roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. golden raisins
- 8 ea. romaine lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together cider, oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, chicken, avocados, celery, walnuts, and raisins; toss gently with dressing.
- Divide salad and spoon on top of romaine leaves.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.