- 8 oz. canned mandarin orange segments, drained (keep juice)
- 6 c. baby spinach
- 2 c. arugula
- 1 pt. strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 1 ea. small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. mandarin orange juice, reserved from can
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, Mandarin orange juice, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, arugula, strawberries, Mandarin orange segments, red onions and avocados; toss gently with dressing. Plate and serve.
This summer salad recipe has an arugula and baby spinach base; it’s topped with citrus fruit, avocado, and a delicious dressing, what more could you ask for? It’s the perfect salad for your next summer party! It pairs well with many different dishes too.
Try pairing your summer salad with these recipes:
What is a summer salad?
Summer salads typically focus on ingredients like citrus fruits, and vegetables. They’re usually seasoned with oil, vinegar, or other dressings. They can be eaten year round despite the name.
What goes well with a summer salad?
It truly depends on what you enjoy, though some classic summer salad pairings are steak dishes and pasta dishes. We also enjoy pairing our avocado summer salad with classic guacamole. The possibilities are truly endless!