- 1 Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 pound shrimp, raw and clean
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 large baguette
- 1/4 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the garlic granules, cumin, chipotle powder, salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add the shrimp and mix well to combine. Let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, add avocado and lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
- Place the shrimp in a skillet over medium heat and cook until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Split the baguette in half, add lettuce leaves, avocado and then shrimp on the bottom half and put top half of bread on top. Can be toasted if desired.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!