This creamy pasta sauce is made with avocado in place of butter, so it has less saturated fat and more good fats. This vegetarian dish is bursting with flavor made with fresh basil leaves, garlic and lemon juice.
- 16 oz. spaghetti
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 t. lemon zest
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine ripe avocados, garlic, basil, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Slowly add olive oil to the food processor until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, tomatoes, and lemon zest. Serve immediately. Fresh avocado sauce can turn brown (oxidize) quickly. Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
- Note: For a lighter option that is grain-free, serve the avocado pasta sauce with homemade zucchini noodles in place of regular pasta.