- Streusel Topping:
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Muffin Mix:
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 c. low-fat milk
- 1 ea. large egg
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled & mashed
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with 10 baking cups.
- To make streusel topping, coming butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix together until coarse crumbs form.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, oil, vanilla, and avocado. Use an electric mixer to blend until smooth.
- Pour the avocado mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and top with streusel topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!