This poppy seed vinaigrette is made with dry mustard, shallots, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Tossed with Bibb lettuce, arugula, cilantro, dried cranberries and almonds, this salad is a treat to enjoy alongside any meal. Serve with grilled seafood, chicken or a heart beef dish.
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. shallot, minced
- 2 T. poppy seeds
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 2 t. ground mustard
- 1 t. paprika
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 10 c. bibb lettuce
- 2 T. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1/2 c. candied almonds or pecans
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, shallot, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, ground mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cilantro, and avocado; gently toss with dressing. Top with candied almonds and dried cranberries.