A fresh way to jazz up your burrito bowl is to layer in black beans and avocado! Made with rice, lettuce, tomato and drizzled with vinaigrette, this rice bowl is a win and can be eaten for lunch or dinner. Beyond being delicious, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is sodium and cholesterol free, and contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
- 3 c. rice, cooked
- 2 c. chicken, cooked & diced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 ea. 19-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 c. tomato, small dice
- 1 c. lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. vinaigrette of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine rice, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, and cilantro; toss gently with dressing. Arrange seasoned rice on a platter.
- Top rice with avocados and chicken.