- 1 lb. large shrimp, raw, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 c. spicy barbecue sauce
- 8 ea. wooden skewers
- 5 T. lime juice, divided
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 oz. fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and sliced
- 1/4 c. cilantro, fresh, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to use.
- Combine shrimp with barbecue sauce and 4 tablespoons lime juice and toss to coat. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- To make salsa: Place avocados, garlic, jalapeño pepper, tomatillos, remaining lime juice, and cilantro in a food processor and process until smooth. Season to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Thread shrimp on to skewers prior to cooking. Place on heated grill and cook on each side for 3-6 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from grill immediately. Serve with tomatillo salsa and lime wedges.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!