You can carve faces into pumpkins and make these festive Halloween carved bell peppers stuffed with seasoned taco meat for a fun and spooky treat to fuel your family's trick-or-treaters. Top with fresh avocados, grated cheese and lettuce too!
- 4 ea. large orange bell peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 ea. taco seasoning packet, reduced-sodium
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 ea. large tomatoes, chopped (or substitute with prepared salsa)
- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 c. lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 c. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Cut off the top of each pepper, like you would a pumpkin. Remove the seeds and membrane from the inside of the pepper.
- Using a non-toxic black or blue marker, stencil the cut out for the face of your pepper-pumpkin.
- Carefully carve your “face” with a small, sharp, serrated knife.
- Prepare taco meat for stuffing peppers: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground beef to heat. Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes prior to stuffing peppers.
- Stuff peppers with cooked taco meat.
- Top stuffed peppers with tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and shredded cheese. Serve and enjoy!