- Avocado Citrus Basil Mousse:
- 5 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico
- 2 T. fresh orange juice
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. fresh basil leaves
- 1 t. honey
- 1/8 t. kosher salt
- 1/8 t. ground black pepper
- 6 ea. ciabatta rolls, halved & very lightly toasted
- 12 ea. slices beefsteak tomato
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted & sliced into 12 slices
- 12 ea. 1-oz. slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 ea. bunch fresh basil leaves
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the mousse: place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until basil leaves are finely chopped and all ingredients are well incorporated and mixture has a slight whipped texture.
- Assemble the sandwiches: on each bottom slice of ciabatta, place 2 slices tomato, 2 avocado slices, 2 slices fresh mozzarella, a generous 2 T. avocado mousse, 3 to 4 basil leaves, drizzle with 1/2 t. balsamic vinegar, then cover with top half ciabatta. Serve immediately.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!