- 2 Avocados From Mexico
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (leave the tail fin on the ones you plan to garnish the dish with)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 oz whole cashews coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 Lemon sliced (garnish)
- Cook shrimp in simmering water until done, drain, chop into bite sized pieces and chill for later use. Set aside 4-6 whole shrimp (garnish).
- In a skillet, melt butter on medium heat add ground red pepper and cashews toss until covered and slightly browned, set aside.
- Combine chilled chopped shrimp, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, shallots, lemon juice using a rubber spatula in a medium bowl, blend together.
- Chop Mexican avocados into even cubes gently fold into mixture using a rubber spatula. Spoon mixture into martini glasses, top with cashews and cilantro leaves. Place shrimp and lemon slices around edges to garish the dish. Serve chilled.