Light and delicious, this mousse is a taste bud pleaser! Made with avocado, goat cheese, cilantro, green onions and Serrano chiles, its creamy flavor is a win for your toasted crostini and next party! Plus, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is a good source of fiber (11% of the DV) and is a great way to add variety to your diet.
- 1 c. cold water
- 2 ea. 1/4-ounce envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 ea. stalks of green onions, roughly chopped
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 ea. Serrano chile, seeded, deveined, & roughly chopped
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 ea. baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Coat 6 one-half cup ramekin with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cups of water to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered gelatin and remaining 1/4 cup of cold water. Pour the boiling water over the softened gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- In a blender, add the cilantro and greens onion; pulse until finely chopped. Add the goat cheese, avocado, Serrano chile, lime juice, and salt; blend until smooth. Add the gelatin and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- To unmold, fill a container with hot water. Dip the ramekins in the water for 1 minute.
- Run a knife around the edge of each mousse to loosen. Place a small serving dish over the ramekin and invert the dish and mold together. Lift the ramekin carefully to release the mousse.
- Crostini: Preheat grill pan.
- Brush the baguette slices with oil. Sprinkle the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bread for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly marked.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!