- 1/4 c. tahini
- 1 T. chopped roasted garlic
- 1 t. fresh chopped garlic
- 2 t. kosher salt, divided
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and skin removed
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 t. high quality olive oil
- 6 ea. prepared falafel, prepared to package instructions
- 1/2 c. sliced fresh cucumber
- 2 ea. warmed pita bread, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 c. mixed pitted olives
- In a blender or food processor, combine tahini, roasted garlic, fresh garlic, and 1 t. salt until a smooth, consistent paste forms.
- In a large bowl, mash avocados with a fork until nearly pureed and very smooth.
- Add tahini mixture, lemon juice, and remaining 1 t. salt to avocados and mix, continuing to smash and smooth avocados until very smooth and consistent. Stir in parsley and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with hot, crisp falafel, sliced fresh cucumber, warm pita bread, and mixed olives.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!