Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1-1/2 c. tomatoes, small dice
- 1/4 c. onion, finely diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. refried beans
- 1-2 T. chipotle adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- 8 oz. Mexican chorizo, casing removed & roughly chopped
- 4 ea. large eggs
- 1/2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 ea. English muffins, toasted
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled & sliced
- Prepare the Pico de Gallo by mixing together the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, olive, and salt in medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the refried beans and adobo sauce and heat fully.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chorizo for 5 to 6 minutes until light brown and fully cooked.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook one egg at a time over-easy or until desired doneness.
- To assemble, spread refried beans on each English muffin half. Top one half with chorizo, 2 eggs, slices of avocado, and Pico de Gallo; cover with other half of English muffin.