Flavorful, colorful and delicious, this avocado tropical salad packs in nutrients with sweet pineapple, crunchy carrots, refreshing cucumber and avocados! With a little honey, jalapeño, cabbage and snap peas, this salad has a spark to your nightly dinner or summer cookout! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. fresh jalapeño, including seeds, chopped
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. cabbage, shredded
- 2 c. sugar snap peas
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, peeled, halved, pitted, & quartered
- 1 ea. cucumber, peeled, seeded, & thinly sliced
- 1 ea. large carrot, peeled & cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 ea. fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, & halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil lime juice, jalapeño, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and salt until well combined.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and cook the sugar snap peas for 15 seconds. Drain peas, then place in a nice bath until they are cooled. Remove peas from ice bath and cut them lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Thinly slice pineapple quarters crosswise.
- Cut avocados crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, snap peas, avocados, cucumbers, carrots, and pineapple; toss gently with dressing.