Try guacamole Asian-style with this Egg Roll Guac! Loaded with sauteed cabbage, carrots, onion and beef with a splash of sesame oil and soy sauce, all you need to do is grab a crispy wonton and dig in!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 4 oz. Beef, 90/10 lean, ground
- 1 c. Cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 c. Carrots, shredded
- 1/8 ea. Onion, chopped
- 2 t. Avocado oil
- 1 t. Soy sauce
- 1/4 t. Garlic powder
- 1/4 t. Sesame seeds
- Sesame oil, dash
- Ginger, dried, ground, dash
- Salt, to taste
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Wontons, crunch, to garnish
- In a large skillet, warm one teaspoon avocado oil and add ground beef. Brown beef until thoroughly cooked (approximately 10 minutes), until there is no pink.
- Add cabbage, carrots, onion, garlic powder and ginger to ground beef. Drizzle with remaining avocado oil, sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir until well combined and cook approximately 5-10 minutes more, until vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, add avocados and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add beef and vegetable mixture to guacamole mixture. Gently stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and garnish with cilantro and wontons.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!