- 1-1/2 c. distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 4 t. salt
- 1 t. mustard seeds
- 1 t. coriander seeds
- 3/4 t. dill seeds
- 2 c. hot water
- 3 ea. firm Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 ea. 4-inch English cucumber, cut into spears lengthwise
- 3 ea. garlic cloves, smashed & peeled
- 8 ea. sprigs of dill
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and dill seeds in a large bowl. Add hot water and whisk until sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Let brine cool to room temperature.
- Place avocados, cucumbers, garlic, and dill sprigs into the brine; place a plate on top of ingredients to keep them submerged. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours up to overnight.
- Remove avocados from brine, brushing off any seeds, and place in a medium bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of brine and mash until chunky-smooth.
- Remove cucumbers, garlic, and dill sprigs from brine; dice cucumbers; mince garlic and dill leaves. Add to mashed avocados along with red pepper flakes and fold until well combined.