- 2 ea. eggs
- 1 ea. large pita, warmed and cut in half
- 1 ea. green onion stalk, chopped
- 1 c. baby arugula
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cut into cubes
- 1/4 c. mini cucumber, diced
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- 1 t. chives, chopped
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicier)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, put eggs in water, cover and bring water to a rolling boil, then turn off heat. Let covered pot stand for 10 minutes for perfectly boiled eggs.
- Drain the eggs, run them under cold water and let cool in a cold water bath.
- Dice the hard boiled eggs. Place in a bowl with avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, chives and green onion, and mix to combine, keeping egg salad chunky.
- Add cucumber, salt and pepper to taste and mix until well-combined.
- Take each pita half, open the pocket and and put half the arugula. Then, evenly distribute egg salad between each half and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!