- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 c. white onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 T. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 T. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1 t. salt
- 8 oz. Mexican chorizo, uncooked, casing removed, and coarsely chopped
- Chips or vegetable sticks (optional) to taste
- In bowl, combine the avocados, onion, cilantro, lime juice, chipotles, and salt. Mash until chunky-smooth.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chorizo, with a wooden spoon, break chorizo into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Cook and stir until brown and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chorizo onto guacamole. Service with chips or raw vegetable sticks if desired.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!