- 1-1/2 c. butternut squash, diced
- 2 T. avocado oil
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 2 ea. jalapeño, seeded, deveined, & finely diced
- 1/3 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 ea. lime, juiced
- 1 t. smoked cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 T. pepitas, roasted & salted
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butternut squash and cook for about 20 minutes until tender and fully cooked. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add the butternut squash, avocados, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin. Season with salt and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with pepitas.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!