- 1/2 lb. wagon wheel pasta
- 3/4 c. skim milk
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 3/4 c. sharp white cheddar cheese, diced (about 4 oz.)
- 1/2 c. thawed frozen peas
- 1-1/2 t. lemon juice
- 1/2 t. salt
- In large sauce pot, cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat milk until hot; remove from heat, set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the avocado for later use.
- When pasta is almost cooked, in a blender, combine remaining avocado, cheese, peas, and lemon juice; gradually add hot milk; blend until smooth.
- Drain pasta; return to sauce pot. Season with salt to taste.
- Stir in cheese sauce; add remaining 1/2 cup diced avocado; toss gently. Serve immediately.