Sweet and savory flavors truly elevate this guac! With brown sugar-sauteed apple, caramelized onion and mouth-watering shredded pork, this guacamole can be eaten with chips or used as a salad topping!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 1 ea. Red apple, diced
- 1/2 c. Yellow onion, caramelized
- 1/2 c. Pork, cooked, shredded
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- 1 t. Brown sugar
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lb. Pork loin
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 ea. Yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 ea. Habanero pepper, minced
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 T. Cinlantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t. Chili powder
- 1/4 t. Paprika
- 1/8 t. Orange peel, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the pork: In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and orange peel. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add apple and brown sugar, stir well and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, slice avocados into cubes and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add apple, onion and cooked pork to the guacamole mixture and gently stir until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!