- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 ea. white onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 ea. poblano pepper, deseeded and cut into very thin strips
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. cottage cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, cut into thin slices
- 8 ea. corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan add the oil and once hot, add onion, poblano peppers, and mushrooms and let brown over low heat. Add a little water to avoid burning.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add cottage cheese and season with a little salt.
- Warm tortillas.
- To assemble tacos: First place a slice of avocado on the warmed tortilla followed by a little of the prepared mixture. Serve as is or accompanied by refried beans.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!