A quick lunch or party appetizer, chicken salad made with avocado and tomato is a tasty way satisfy your cravings. Add to a salad, serve in a martini cup with a fork or layer on crunchy whole grain crackers to make this salad complete. If you feel the need for sweet, you can even add chopped apple, sliced grapes or dried cranberries for a flare! Plus, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is a good source of fiber (11% of the DV) and is a great way to add variety to your diet.
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 T. lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 c. mixed salad greens
- 2 oz. boneless chicken breast, grilled & sliced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 ea. largo tomato, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Divide salad greens, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and onions among 4 individual serving dishes; drizzle with dressing.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!