Disassembled by nature, but assembled with flavor, this salad is full of avocado, tomato, onion, feta and bacon! With a squeeze of lemon and scooped on a slice of pita bread, this is the perfect fresh salad for lunch or dinner!
- 4 ea. Pita bread, sliced
- 8 ea. Tomatoes, chunks
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 8 ea. Slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1 c. Feta, crumbled
- 1/2 c. Red onion, diced
- 4 ea. Lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, avocado, bacon, feta, red onion and salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir all ingredients until well distributed to make the avo salad.
- Evenly distribute the avo salad onto plates.
- Evenly distribute the pita bread and lemon wedges onto the plates.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!