- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 8 oz. salmon filets, cut into 4 even pieces (2 oz)
- 4 T. honey
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 3 ea. limes
- 4 ea. Tortillas, 6" flour
- 2 c. cabbage (or slaw mix)
- 1 can (7- oz) mild salsa verde, (green salsa)
- 1 large piece of aluminum foil, to wrap salmon for cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, place salmon on a large piece of aluminum foil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Using ½ a lime, cut in 4 slices to place under salmon filets while cooking.
- Stir together melted butter, honey, garlic and the juice of 1 lime. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare Tortillas: Soak a paper towel with water and squeeze out most of the water. Wrap tortillas in moist towel and microwave for 20 seconds.
- In a large bowl, gently mash cooked salmon so that it easy to spoon into tacos.Place one tortilla on each plate and place a heaping spoonful of salmon. Place 1-2 slices of avocado beside salmon. Top with cabbage, salsa and a lime wedge.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!