- 1/2 c. instant couscous
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 7 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 3 c. cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 c. white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. light mayonnaise
- 3 T. prepared pesto
- 6 ea. English muffins, split & toasted
- 6 ea. slices of tomato
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Pour boiling broth over couscous; stir and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse beans, mushrooms, couscous, and 3 tablespoons of oil until a thick paste is formed; about 20 pulses; stop to scrape down the bowl as needed. Shape the bean mixture into 6 even patties and place them on a dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and pesto until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties 3to 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- To assemble, spread the mayonnaise mixture on the top halves of each English muffin. Layer muffin bottoms with a burger, tomato slice, and avocados; cover with muffin tops.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!