- 4 ea. eggs, fried to your liking
- 4 ea. slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 ea. demi baguette, halved, then cut in half lengthwise
- 2 ea. tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ea. basil leaves
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash avocado with a fork and add salt and pepper.
- Toast or warm bread then spread mashed avocado on each slice of baguette. Next, layer the tomato slices, torn basil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high and add oil. Once hot, fry eggs to desired consistency.
- Place egg on top of each of the avocado-topped bread halves, top with a slice of cheese, plate and serve.
This breakfast baguette with avocado is going to become your go-to breakfast recipe. Fresh avocados, fried eggs, swiss cheese, tomatoes, and basil combine to make a delicious start to your morning (or afternoon or evening)! Pair your breakfast baguette with this avocado orange smoothie recipe.
How do you toast baguette?
Our favorite way to toast baguette starts by preheating your oven to 350° F. Lightly brush each side of your baguette with olive oil. Toasting should take about 15 minutes. Check on your baguettes frequently, and pull them out of the oven when they turn slightly golden.
How do you soften a baguette?
If you’ve overtoasted your baguette, some use cold water to soften it up. Soak your hard baguette in cold water, wrap in foil, and then reheat your baguette in the oven.
How do you keep a baguette fresh?
It’s best to store your baguette on your kitchen counter wrapped in foil. Wrapping it in foil is key as it will prevent moisture from entering the bread and turning it hard.