- 2 c. parboiled rice
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 4 ea. strips of bacon
- 2 ea. green apples, cubed (toss with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1 ea. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 ea. green onion, finely chopped
- 1 ea. clove of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 ea. tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ea. chicken bouillon cube
- 4 c. hot water
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, place oil and parboiled rice and brown for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add scallions, tomato, bacon, pepper, and garlic and brown for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in water and chicken stock cube and simmer uncovered until it begins to boil. Then, cover the pot and reduce heat.
- Add the apple and cook for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. If necessary, add more liquid.
- When ready, place rice into a rice mold, and garnish with avocado slices over the top and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!