- 4 ea. large eggs
- 1-1/2 ea. large russet potatoes, grated
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Using a box grater, grate potatoes (skins on). Once grated, pat the potatoes with a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture.
- Place the potatoes on the bottom of a 8.5" x 8.5" ceramic baking dish and pour the olive oil on top. Gently mix with your hands to ensure that the potatoes are coated with the oil, then pat the potatoes with your hands so that they're distributed evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook the potatoes for approximately 20 minutes. Cook them an additional 3-5 minutes under the broiler so they become crispy.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Place the avocado slices on top of the hash browns.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat with a whisk; add cheese and dill and whisk until incorporated. Pour the mix over the avocado and hash browns.
- Reduce the oven's heat to 350°F and cook the casserole for 20 minutes. After baking, put the dish under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut the casserole into squares, and serve.