Three sausages make the perfect burger patty! Topped with runny egg, fresh green onion and avocado ketchup, this sandwich will change the way you think about burgers! Pair with a salad or go all out with sweet potato fries, this is a weekend dinner made in Heaven!
- Burger Build:
- 1-1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage
- 1/2 lb. hot Italian sausage
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, sliced
- 2 t. olive oil
- 6 ea. eggs
- 6 ea. buns or other soft rolls
- Avocado Ketchup:
- 3 ea. cloves of garlic
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted & skin removed
- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 3 t. chopped green onion
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- Prepare the burger: in a medium bowl, blend all three types of sausage in a bowl until well combined. Form into 6 equal patties, roughly 2”-thick.
- Heat a large sauté pan that will accommodate all 6 burgers. Preheat the pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and water to pan. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, then flip burgers and cook an additional 5 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- When water is completely evaporated, continue to cook the burgers, flipping occasionally, until both sides form a brown crust, about 5 minutes more. Remove burgers from heat and let rest.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs, working in batches if necessary, and fry the eggs to your desired doneness.
- Prepare the avocado ketchup: in a food processor, combine all ingredients until whipped and creamy.
- Assemble the burgers: slather the bottom halves of the buns with avocado ketchup. Place one chorizo patty on top of each sauced bun, top with fresh avocado slices and fried egg. Smear more avocado ketchup onto top half of buns and place on top of burgers. Serve immediately.
ADDITIONAL INSPIRATIONS: Try as a typical burger with lettuce, tomato and red onion. Add bacon, cheese or even caramelized onions. This avocado ketchup is also the perfect addition to hot dogs, or is a great dip for chicken fingers, French fries, and other fried goodies!