- 4 ea. slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 ea. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 c. alfalfa
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 2 T. honey mustard
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean chicken, then season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let marinate 10-15 minutes for flavors to soak in.
- While chicken marinates, thoroughly wash and dry the alfalfa and heat grill to medium heat.
- Cook the chicken on the grill at medium heat until golden on both sides, approximately 5-7 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 165°F. Once cooked, removed and let sit 3-4 minutes.
- Toast bread in the toaster to desired crispiness while chicken is cooking.
- Once bread is toasted, evenly distribute honey mustard on both sides on the bread. Layer alfalfa on the bottom slice of bread for each sandwich, then put half the avocado slices and chicken on the sandwich. Top with toasted bread and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!