- 2 ea. whole wheat tortillas, 6-in. size
- 1/2 lb. Mexican chorizo
- 1 c. fresh spinach
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 t. lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Purée the salsa, cilantro, avocado and lime juice together in a food processor or blender to make the salsa. Taste, and adjust salt if necessary, then set aside.
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat until brown and slightly crispy, approximately 6-8 minutes. Drain chorizo on a plate with a paper towel.
- Assemble your burritos. Evenly distribute avocado salsa between the 2 tortillas, then do the same with the meat. Add half the spinach, cilantro and cheese on top of the meat, then roll up and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!